Nurturing a growth mindset in your classroom starts with sharing the right messages with your students every day.
You can give your kids a daily reminder of what it means to learn math without the fear of failing and to celebrate mistakes by displaying your free Growth Mindset for Math Students poster!
The poster shares the following beliefs that are held by students with a growth mindset for learning math:
- Intelligence can grow as long as you continue to make an effort.
- Embracing challenging problems allows you to grow stronger.
- Being confident in your abilities and sharing your thinking helps you to learn and grow!
- Persevering through difficult practice develops grit and teaches you to never give up!
- Making a mistake is no big deal because mistakes are opportunities to learn and grow.
- Asking for help is never something to be afraid of.
- The process of learning is more important than the outcome because you are a lifelong learner.
- Failing only means that you don't understand something yet, and that more effort is needed.
- With hard work and the right mindset, anyone can be successful in math.
Thank you for all that you do for our kids and for empowering your students to learn math without the fear of making a mistake!
Looking for more fun math resources to share with your kids? Click here to subscribe to our YouTube channel and access our free video library--and don't forget to subscribe!
Have more suggestions for growth mindset resources for your fellow math teachers? Join the conversation and share your thoughts in the comments section below.
By Anthony Persico
Anthony is the content crafter and head educator for YouTube's MashUp Math and an advisor to Amazon Education's 'With Math I Can' Campaign. You can often find me happily developing animated math lessons to share on my YouTube channel . Or spending way too much time at the gym or playing on my phone.